Saturday, October 11, 2014

Not Your Normal Pillow

Out of all the topics I considered for my first post I decided to write about a pillow! This one in particular:



I designed it for my own enjoyment years ago. Plus, I had this big box of buttons that were begging to get used. (I'll blog about it another day.)


I know there are prettier, and certainly better made, pillows out there by gifted embroiderers. But I would be surprised if any of them have created one using these six words: "With God All Things Are Possible." They are from Luke 1:37, my favorite verse in the Bible.


These words were spoken to the virgin Mary and uttered to assure her that what God said would indeed take place. And it did. She gave birth to Jesus, the Son of God.


For me, it is a verse that captures the essence of the God I trust; the God who can do anything; the God who I envision saying, "Oh, that's easy!"


And it's a verse I want to remember for future days when I attempt to write something worthwhile here and come up empty.  When to type even one word seems impossible. 


Now you know why I chose to write about a pillow for as I embark on this new adventure there is some fear. Mine is a minuscule assignment compared to what God asked of Mary, but the unknown is always a bit daunting.   


Maybe you can relate.  Maybe you are the one today who needs the reminder that "With God ALL things are possible!" 


Or, be inspired to make your own pillow with your favorite verse.  If so, I hope you let me know and show me the end result. 


9 comments:

  1. What an interesting blog. Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the first one to make a comment! Thanks for the nice remarks.

      Delete
  2. I love when a homemade item becomes a memory. Can't wait to hear about the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment. Have a cute button Christmas craft I plan to write about. Stay tuned!

      Delete
  3. So proud of you Julie! I LOVE THIS! I have found another soul sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, those are nice words to hear. Thanks. Any chance I can convince you to do a blog?

      Delete
    2. maybe someday!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful Blog Julie. Can't wait for the next one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Shar for your positive feedback. Posted a new blog moments ago.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from anyone who stops by my blog.